THE CURMUDGEON EXPRESS

THE CURMUDGEON EXPRESS

Monday, October 23, 2017

PARENTAL SKILLS - WHAT PARENTING SKILLS?

We went to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2017 at the Auckland War Memorial Museum yesterday.



This is outstanding and I hope that you get to see this.

If you do go on a week day when there are no kids there. We went on a wet Sunday morning - bad decision. I'll go again next time when I'm in Auckland at a quieter time. Kids were running amok and showed very little interest in the displayed photographs. When they did show interest it was invariably misplaced.

At one point a kid was jumping up and slapping his hands against a photo. He (about 7) did this several times. His gormless dad was standing about 3 feet away and watching. I had enough. I stepped forward and said to the brat "That's enough you can stop doing that". The kid stopped and slouched away. Gormless dad did and said nothing.

3 comments: